Wisconsin Voices is hiring!
Wisconsin Voices Operations Manager Job Description
Wisconsin Voices is hiring a full time (salaried) Operations Manager as soon as possible. Applicants for this position should possess a passion for social, racial, and economic justice, and desire a long-term career in nonprofit and/or operations and finance. Applicants should also be detail and deadline oriented, highly organized, and thrive in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
The Operations Manager will wear multiple hats and be vital to the strength and sustainability of the organization. Duties include accounting support, human resources, information technology, legal, and facilities—and building relationships with our table partners. We are looking for someone who can adapt easily, effectively detail oriented, and willing to do whatever needs to be done to ensure our organization operates at a high level.
The Operations Manager will report to the Executive Director will report to and work closely with other staff directors, and ensure Wisconsin Voices office, operations, personnel, and finance needs are met in a timely manner in addition to other general administration tasks.
Wisconsin Voices is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on age, sex, race, ethnicity, religion or sexual preference. Women, people of color, and individuals from the LGBTQ3 community are strongly encouraged to apply.
- At least 1 year experience working in financial compliance and/or accounting.
- Experience managing accounts payable and receivable.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Google Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must own reliable vehicle and be able to provide proof of registration and insurance
- Must be available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week during weekdays between the hours of 9am and 5pm (generally, there is some flexibility with this), and during peak times of year or if absolutely necessary, be available to work some evenings and weekends.
- Experience working in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment with shifting priorities
- Experience in office and/or data administration
- Development – either individual fundraising or grant writing and reporting.
- Strong time-management
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet the needs of the work-flow and deadlines
- Customer service oriented attitude
- Desire to learn new skills and different ways of doing things
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Manage grant and regrant deadlines, both internal and external. Record the profile and fundraising activity on database.
- Ensure company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Ensure organizational finance (accounts payable and receivable) processes are carried out and reviewed. Work well with outside accounting firm.
- Manage the audit prep and completion alongside the accountant.
- Be the HR liaison to outside vendors and companies like health insurance and 401(k). Support to all employees with questions or changes. Assist in employee onboarding and exiting.
- Help to carry out year-long individual donor plan with the ED and Development Director, implementing tactics including direct mail, thank you letters, and setting up special events.
- Answer mail and phone, directing messages as needed.
- Manage system for internal staff request and needs including program materials, office supplies, travel, arranging meeting space and food.
- Maintain our website and weekly e-blast newsletter.
Salary and Benefits: Base salary offer for this position $41,000 per year, and experience and aptitude will be taken into consideration for negotiating salary. All full-time salaried Wisconsin Voices employees receive benefits in their first year that include: 3 weeks paid vacation time, 11 paid holidays, 80 paid sick hours, a 401K retirement plan, partial cell phone reimbursement, mileage and expense reimbursement for required travel, and health, vision, and dental insurance.
To apply: Please send a cover letter letting us know how you hear about the position and why you are interested in applying along with a resume outlining relevant experience and work history to email@example.com no later than February 19th of 2018. In person or phone inquiries will not be accepted or considered for hire.