Duties and Responsibilities
Fund Development (80%)
- Works with the Co-Executive Director of Fundraising and Development to create solicitation and year-round engagement strategy and materials to retain current and attract new individual and corporate donors, increasing revenue and overall engagement.
- Research and identify new donor prospects.
- Prioritizes donor engagement through Zoom, in-person meetings, phone calls, emails, written thank you letters and other methods.
- Achieve annual fundraising goals including donor participation rates (number and level of donations), individual giving, and corporate/foundations.
- Cultivate and develop individual and corporate donor relationships.
- Work in partnership with the Communications Director to develop a strategy for use of social media/website online giving for individual giving appeals.
- Researches and communicates emerging trends and best practices in donor engagement and stewardship to the Co-Executive Director of Fundraising and Development.
- Produce timely mailing lists for invitations, newsletters, and direct mail piece; pledge reminders; acknowledgement letters and donor invoices.
- Reconcile pledges and revenue with all event invoices with the Financial and Regrant Manager.
Database Management, Reporting and Gift Processing (20%)
- Serve as Database Administrator for Wisconsin Voices by managing the donor database, including maintenance, user accounts, global changes, gift entry, reporting, queries, and data cleanup projects to ensure database integrity.
- Develop clear and accurate reporting systems, key metric tracking, instruction manual(s) to access reports, and dashboards and data extracts.
- Establish Standard Operating Procedures for entry and reporting to ensure all entries conform to those procedures.
- Produce timely mailing lists for invitations, newsletters, and direct mail piece; pledge reminders; and donor invoices.
- Coordinate outreach and serve as organizer of events.
- Reconcile and close monthly development financials on time.
- Ensure accurate gift entry and acknowledgments.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Co-Executive Director of
- Fundraising and Development.
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s preferred, though an associate degree and relevant experience may be considered.
- A minimum of four years of progressive development and fundraising experience in a nonprofit setting required.
- Proven history of managing donor portfolios and making successful ask.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and attention to detail required.
- Experience with successful donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship required.
- Three to five years’ experience administering relational database management systems and other information systems in an educational or non-profit environment.
- Excellent project and time management skills, including the ability to perform multiple tasks accurately.
- Highly skilled in database programs, such as EveryAction, word processing and spreadsheets
- Able to take direction well and work with minimal supervision.
- Requires initiative, self-motivation, and ability to work successfully with others.
- Requires excellent dependability and some flexibility in work hours.
Job Conditions/Work Location: The position is based at the Wisconsin Voices Worksite.
Occasional remote on-line work, expected. Office space is open, shared, and dynamic.
The Donor Database Administrator must be able to sit and type for long periods of time and engage in in-person and virtual discussion.
Equipment Used: Computers, screens, keyboards, copying machine/printer/fax, scanner, and possibly audio-visual equipment.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the Board and Executive Leadership. All requirements are subject to change over time, and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability. Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com Phone calls will not be accepted for this position. Wisconsin Voices is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to make all personnel decisions without discriminating based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, physical disability, mental disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin and any other protected status.
Click here to submit your resume: Wisconsin Voices