Voting is your right, and we want to make sure you have everything you need to vote.
Make a plan to vote! Wisconsin offers many different ways to vote, but sometimes there are different ways or deadlines for each election. The State of Wisconsin’s Voter Information Center can help you determine what you need to register, when is your next election, and forms in different languages.
Currently, you need a photo ID to vote in the State of Wisconsin.
Use the following steps to make sure you are ready to make your voice heard on Election Day:
- Make sure you are registered to vote.
- If you aren’t, find out how to register to vote.
- All registration forms must be accompanied by a proof of residence document, whether you register by mail, in person at the clerk’s office, or on Election Day.
- Make sure you have an acceptable photo ID to show when you vote.
- Check out Wisconsin’s Voter Information Center, which includes a preview of the upcoming ballot and specialized information for different types of voters, such as convicted felons, students, and persons with disabilities.
- Find your polling location or local clerk contact information.
- Vote Early: Did you know you can vote before Election Day? Learn how.